The Importance of Writing the Best Statement of Purpose Princeton
For the 2018 edition of Best Colleges, Princeton was ranked at No.1. So it is hardly surprising that this University has such high numbers applying but accepts just 6.5% of applicants. This Ivy League college has held the top spot with US News for 15 out of the last 17 years. Based in Newark New Jersey this college was one of the original 9 colonial colleges that were chartered prior to the revolution.Â Just as a University of Maryland statement of purpose will be written to reflect what they want to see so must your statement for Princeton.
Your Princeton statement of purpose is one of the most important parts of your application. While high grades and test results are expected you will find that even if you have them they are likely to be very similar to many other applicants. So your Princeton admission essay is really going to be the only part of your application that gives you that opportunity to stand out.
Your Princeton SoP must be carefully tailored to your application. The better that it fully reflects what they want in an engaging manner the more likely you will be accepted for a place. Achieving this high standard of writing, however, is far from simple and is why so many will turn to our SoP writing services.
Application Requirements for Princeton
That the university seeks high achieving students goes without question. Applications can be made through all of the following:
Each will require to complete their application form electronically and either upload or provide all of the following information:
- Letter from Guidance Counselor
- School Report
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- ACT with writing results or SAT with essay scores
- 2 SAT subject tests
- Proof of English proficiency for overseas students (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
- Princeton writing SoP
- Princeton Supplement:
- Activities (150 words)
- Summers (150 words)
- Your Voice (250 to 650 words)
What to Study at Princeton
If you are going to study either as a freshman or at the graduate school you will want to ensure that you choose the right courses for you. There are many programs from which you will be able to choose but the following are some that the college is well known for:
- Public Policy Analysis: for those seeking a career in or around politics this could be the course for you to study at Princetonâs Woodrow Wilson School.
- Computer Engineering: the department of computer science is one of the best in the country and can provide an education in everything from machine learning to computational biology.
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics: if your ambition is to become a CFO or even work within the government then this course will give you the head start that you need.
Writing the Best Princeton Statement of Purpose
No matter what course you are applying to study at Princeton you will need to complete a statement of purpose of the admissions essay. For freshman applicants you will be required to supply all of the following depending on the route you take for application:
- Common Application Essays select 1 essay from a choice of 7 prompts. Essays should be between 250 and 650 words in length.
- Coalition Application Essays Select 1 essay from the 5 choices of prompts and writes a maximum of 550 words.
- Universal College Application Essays Â Write a personal statement of fewer than 650 words and 1 activity description detailing your extra-curricular achievements (100 to 150 words)
In addition, the Princeton supplement Â which is accessed through all of the different application methods will ask you to supply the following:
- Activities: 150 words explaining why an extracurricular activity or work experience is meaningful to you.
- Summers: 150 words explaining how you spent your previous two summer vacations.
- A few details: a few words to answer a set of questions such as âyour favorite movieâ and âTwo adjectives your friends would use to describe youâ.
- Essay: Your Voice: a single 250 to 650-word essay chosen from the following prompts:
- Tell us about a person who has influenced you in a significant way.
- âOne of the great challenges of our time is that the disparities we face today have more complex causes and pointless straightforwardly to solutions.â
Omar Wasow, assistant professor of politics, Princeton University. This quote is taken from Professor Wasowâs January 2014 speech at the Martin Luther King Day celebration at Princeton University.
âCulture is what presents us with the kinds of valuable things that can fill a life. And insofar as we can recognize the value in those things and make them part of our lives, our lives are meaningful.â
Gideon Rosen, Stuart Professor of Philosophy and director of the Behrman Undergraduate Society of Fellows, Princeton University. Using a favorite quotation from an essay or book you have read in the last three years as a starting point, tell us about an event or experience that helped you define one of your values or changed how you approach the world. Please write the quotation, title, and author at the beginning of your essay.
Writing the perfect Princeton statement of purpose or personal statement to get you noticed will take hard work. It is not something that you are going to rattle off on a wet afternoon. The following tips will help with your Princeton writing SoP:
- Always carefully check the specific requirements for the program that you are applying to so that you are clear on what they want in regards to essays such as the Princeton statement of purpose format.
- Review all of the information that they provide for you to ensure that you fully understand what they see as a perfect student so that you can reflect this in your writing.
- Look at a good example statement of purpose Princeton so that you will be able to see how your writing should be done and what needs to be covered. Remember however that your own should be unique and not simply copied.
- Never repeat anything that you have written elsewhere within your application. Each of your essays should be different.
- Show, donât tell. If you have excellent leadership skills demonstrate them with an example and explain the outcome.
- Donât concentrate on what you have done, talk about what you have learned and how you have grown from each experience.
- Use language that anyone can understand, using big words or try to be clever with your language can backfire on you.
- Talk about yourself, the whole aim is for them to learn who you are and what your goals are for the future.
- Proofread and carefully edit your statement so that there are no issues with your writing prior to submission.
We Can Help with Your Princeton Admission Essays
Submitting a memorable essay is vital to getting to selected. Without that attention-grabbing statement, your application will simply blend into the many others even if you have excellent grades. Whether you need a SoP for Princeton or a statement of interest for internship our specialized services can help you. We offer a full range of editing and writing support through staff that holds higher degrees and have a full understanding as to what the Princeton admission committee will want to see.
All statements are uniquely written with our help and molded to carefully reflect what is expected of you. They are supplied in the correct format with a plagiarism report after being carefully proofread by our experts to ensure there are no errors. With on-time delivery and your full satisfaction guaranteed there really is no reason not to turn to us for help with your application.