Master’s Statement of Purpose for Vocational Courses
Should Your Masters Statement of Purpose Be Tailored for Vocational Courses?
From law to medicine or teaching you will have to write a highly convincing master’s statement of purpose if you are to get the full attention of the admissions committee. Places are heavily oversubscribed in all areas and you will have to write something special if you are to be seen as deserving of being selected. The admissions committee that will review your statement of purpose for masters application will need to be convinced of your true dedication to the career you are looking to enter.
How to Write Your Master’s Statement of Purpose for Vocational Courses
Often you will need to put a significant emphasis on your specific reasons for following your chosen career path and what you hope to achieve in the future. It will also help if you are able to speak convincingly from a more informed perspective. To help with writing your master’s statement of purpose you should consider all of the following:
- Show very clear reasons as to how you became interested in this specific field and why you want to follow it.
- Show what you have already done to pursue your dreams in this area:
- Did you shadow a dentist in their clinic?
- Did you undertake an internship or do summer work at a law firm?
- Have you undertaken volunteer work in a nursing home?
- Have you taken particular extra classes?
- Provide the reader with a clear understanding of where you hope your career to head and what further education you will require.
- Give reasons as to why you wish to follow their specific program in your chosen field.