Masters Statement of Purpose: Why this University?
Why Should Your Masters Program Statement of Purpose Show Why You Have Selected Their University?
Your masters statement of purpose is your opportunity to impress the admissions committee and to give them clear reasons as to why they should be choosing you for a place. They will be looking for students that not only have the skills and knowledge to succeed but also those that really want to attend their university. The better that you can explain your motivation for applying there and show that you are going to be able to make a real contribution the more chance you have of being selected for a place.
Writing a statement of purpose for masters degree applications is not simple and there are many areas that you will need to cover and giving clear reasons for your selection is vital. The better that your application is tailored to the place the more chance you will have of success.
Tailor Your Masters Statement of Purpose Perfectly
Take the time to carefully review exactly what the university has to offer in the field in which you are applying. Select those areas which are of significant interest or benefit to you to cover within your writing. The following are some of the areas that you should consider when writing that masters program statement of purpose:
- Are there specific professors that you would like to work in your field and why?
- Does the research conducted within the university align with your specific interests or past research?
- Do you feel that you have something to contribute to current ongoing projects within the university?
- Do they have specific programs or facilities that you simply cannot find elsewhere?
- If you are applying from overseas or even as a minority are you looking for a specific culture in which to conduct your studies?
- Make sure that the information that you use is accurate and current.
The better that your statement is tailored to the application that you are making the more chance you have of your application being memorable and standing out.