Marine Engineering Personal Statement Sample
Top Universities with Marine Engineering Programs
If you are planning to enroll in one of the engineering programs then you know what documents you have to include to your application. Its a grad school SoP, letter of recommendation, personal statement and more. Take a look at these top universities you can apply to:
- Newcastle University
- Plymouth University
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- University of Strathclyde
- University College Cork
Other top-rated universities with high ranking include: United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, Webb Institute in Glen Cove, Maine Maritime Academy, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Stevens Institute of Technology, SUNY Maritime College, Texas A & M University, United States Coast Guard Academy, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Some of them offer degrees in marine engineering and others feature a double major in naval architecture and marine engineering.
While looking at our engineering personal statement example or sample SoP for industrial engineering will give you a good idea of what it is that is required of you it is also helpful to have the specific requirements spelled out for you. The admissions committee will be looking for all of the following information:
- Why you are looking to study in the field of marine engineering: what got you interested in this area?
- What steps have you taken towards working or studying in this area?
- How your personal skills and qualities make you suited for work in this field.
- Why you are applying to the specific program the statement is addressed to?
- What are you future career plans in this area?
How to Write a Convincing Marine Engineering Personal Statement
- Show the desire to become a professional. Be able to project your enthusiasm to become a marine engineer through 50-60% of personal statement, that is the essence of it. If you will be able to deliver why this particular course is so important to you and explain the reasons why you apply the great part of success is in your pocket already.
- Show the ability to become a professional. Marine engineering might be not the first thing you are dealing with every day, even if you want to become a one. How to show that you have a great potential for that even if you have minimum experience? Even if you feature the cases in other specialties that are somehow close it can make you a good favor. Your general interest in science, construction and strive to improve the technologies in other spheres will show your ability to learn new things and critical thinking.
- What skills to focus on for marine engineering statement? It is important to know what skills and knowledge are important to highlight in the certain personal statement to feature yourself as the most appealing candidate for the enrollment. Whereas it is considered that communicational and analytical skills are important for any profession, for the marine engineering it will be especially valuable to mention your critical and strategic thinking, engineering mindset.
- How to be special? Add to the personal statement a little bit really personal information like the hobbies and extracurricular activities that can be closely related to your profession. You can mention some kind of courses that you took and what exactly you learned from them, feature other examples from your life, what important lessons were you able to extract from them and what they gave you. Be reflective and analyze, some activities may have applied the same set of skills or abilities that you are going to need in the marine engineering.
- Plan your writing. It is critically important that you leave some time in advance for the statement planning and preparation. Start as early as possible. Make the approximate plan of your draft. Write the keywords and the structure for the future statement, it should consist of beginning, body and the conclusion. Some specialists also advise developing several drafts and then chose between most successful ones. Just after you created the draft you can write the statement and get the feedback from other people which one came out as the most engaging, interesting and professional. Also, leave the extra time for the proper proofreading and editing, to get rid of all possible mistakes.
Statement of Purpose for Marine Engineering Program
What Mistakes Should You Avoid in Your Writing?
The admissions committee will be reviewing many statements and as such any issues with your writing will stand out like a sore thumb. You really do need to ensure that your statement of purpose will be capable of getting their full attention and making the right first impression when they read it. The following are some of the most common mistakes that applicants make with their writing:
- Using clichés: the committee are looking for unique writing so that they can hear your voice. Always avoid any form of cliché within your writing, especially with your opening lines.
- Making pointless and valueless statements: explaining that you are applying and how much you are going to learn does not add any value to your statement of purpose.
- Using slang and acronyms: you must use only formal English that everyone will be able to understand. Also avoid trying to be clever by selecting unusual words that may not be clearly understood.
- Complaining and making excuses: you need to ensure that your statement is written positively and articulates why you are going to be perfect on their program.
- Grammatical and spelling mistakes: always proofread with care as a single mistake could give the impression that you are a poor worker or that you did not care enough about the application to check it.
How Can You Work with Our Professional Services?
We offer you a mechanical engineering statement of purpose examples as well as masses of writing advice to help you to produce the best possible statement for your application. If however, you would like to have one of our skilled and knowledgeable writers help you to create a statement that is going to get your application noticed just follow this:
- Complete the order form that you will find on our website at any time night or day.
- Pay the highly affordable fee for our services using your credit card.
- Discuss your personal statement with the assigned writer so that they understand your expectations.
- Request any changes you feel are required until you are fully satisfied with the content of your personal statement.
- Receive your plagiarism tested and proofread statement on time within your deadline.