Statement of Purpose Sample
Writing a statement of intent has been a great challenge for many applicants for several years. This brief, but crucial document tells your story on 2 pages and plays one of the most important roles in your applications. Hence you should make sure that your SoP is not only error-free, you should be absolutely certain that it stands out from the crow. Today we would like to comment one statement of purpose sample. Take a look at the essential parts of any SoP.
My name is Madeline [last name withheld]. I’m a seventeen year old high school senior and I hail from Southern Indiana where I was born and raised. From an early age my parents taught me the value of hard work and honesty. These are lessons I’ve managed to apply into every area of my life and I believe I’m better off for it.
Another critical characteristic my parents engrained in me was a healthy love of learning. As a child I couldn’t get my hands on enough books and I always enjoyed class lessons and activities in elementary school. My love of learning and school carried on into middle school. Jumping from elementary school to six classes a day was a bit of a shock for me but I took it in stride. After all, I had all my friends from elementary school with me.
One of the reasons why I’m incredibly thankful for the privilege of going to school is that middle school was where I found my love for soccer. I was eleven years old when I tried out for the middle school girls soccer team. The competition was stiff because soccer was a popular sport at my middle school, but lo and behold I was accepted! I still remember how proud I was when my team won our first game against the rival school. We were all equally proud because we’d won this victory as a team, not as individuals. It’s because of soccer that I learned the value of teamwork, cooperation, and being able to depend on my friends.
My love of learning and playing soccer carried on into high school where I was quickly accepted into the Knightstown Orioles girls’ soccer team. At Knightstown High School I maintained a 4.0 grade point average while being heavily involved in playing soccer. I was fortunate enough to be on the team the year the Orioles made it to the state finals.
One thing that affected me personally was when my best friend injured her leg at the state finals. I felt so terrible that she’d come all the way to the finals with us and wouldn’t be able to continue. This was the moment I decided I wanted to be able to do something to make people recover faster when they’re injured in sports. This is the reason why I became enthusiastic about studying sports medicine.
If I’m accepted into the University of [name withheld] I’d like to do several things. First, I’d like to major in Sports Medicine to continue my studies. I also plan to maintain the 4.0 GPA I’ve carried since high school. Another thing I’d like to do—and one that’s close to my heart—is try out for the university’s women’s soccer team. I love learning just as much as I love sports. If I can one day open a clinic and help boys and girls recover from sports injuries and get back on the field, then I know my dreams will have come true. I would love nothing more than to be a student at the University of [name withheld] so I can advance my studies and help broken bodies recover.
This statement of purpose sample is a single page cover letter sample SoP, but longer ones aren’t hard to write. They simply require more elaboration and detail. Nonetheless, this is a good SoP. It’s well-written, humble, she outlines her background and interests, her academic qualifications, her reasons for studying what she wants to study, and a life plan for college and beyond. More statement of purpose samples, as well as the SoP for MS in business analytics writing help, are available for an affordable low price.
Tips on How to Write an Effective Statement of Purpose
Writing an effective statement of purpose is not easy; this however is an advantage to you if you are prepared to put in the work to ensure that yours is capable of making you stand out. A good SoP for telecommunication engineering will often take a lot of work to put together, but if you want to maximize your chances of getting the place that you are applying to then it will be worth it.
The following advice should be followed if you want to write your statement to a standard that will get you noticed:
- Follow the instructions that you are given. Read carefully what you are expected to provide and follow instructions to the letter. Submitting 510 words when they limit your submission to 500 is not going to impress. Also carefully review any prompt that they provide for your writing and ensure that you cover it effectively within your writing.
- Get the reader’s attention. Your opening line is vital to getting the reader hooked in. Spend time to ensure that your first line is written in a way that truly makes them want to read more about you. You also need to make your statement flow like a story so that you maintain their attention and draw them along through your writing. A relevant anecdote is often the best way to achieve this.
- Avoid clichés and redundant statements. “Ever since I was 6 years old…” Clichés are an instant turn off for the committee as they will read the same old lines and phrase over and over again. You must also ensure that you don’t tell the committee information that is simply obvious that they already know. They know that you are applying to their college, they know that you will learn a lot, etc.
- Cover everything that they want to know about you. Not only must you ensure that you cover what the statement prompt is asking for, you must also consider what the committee will really want to know about you.
- Ensure that your writing is unique. Originality counts when it comes to writing a statement of purpose and if you can write something that really reads differently from the many other statement that they are going to read then you are going to really stand out. Do not copy anything that you see online, do not even use quotations. Also do not try to use a template to guide your writing.
- Communicate effectively. You have to ensure that your writing is concise and to the point. Avoid any form of wordiness and use language that is easy to understand for anyone. Never use slang, acronyms or try to be clever with long words fished out of the thesaurus.
- Write about you. Your statement of purpose is about you and is a form of personal statement. Writing about other people is not going to help your case, it will just waste your word count. Always be honest about what you have accomplished and what you want for your future.
- Avoid all errors. Proofreading of your writing is very important if you don’t want your statement to be dismissed. A simple spelling mistake or other error should be easy to eliminate, if you have let it slip through then it will indicate to the reader that you did not see your application worthy of enough attention.
Want more tips or looking for reliable online SoP services? Go ahead and place an order to get an outstanding statement of purpose tailored specifically for you!