Use our SOP service to ensure correct structure
The statement of purpose is a critical part of most graduate level university programs regardless of the field. Whether it is stated outright or not there are several issues that admissions would like to see addressed in your statement of purpose and how you structure your statement plays a large part in addressing these issues effectively.
If you are unsure of the best way to write your statement of purpose, our SOP service is standing by to provide any assistance you need.
The following is one way to structure the statement of purpose and what each section should include:
- First paragraph: The introduction of your statement of purpose and arguably the most important paragraph. Include the name of the degree program and school to which you are applying. You should briefly discuss what you intend to study and why. Include what made you first become interested in the particular field and your career goals related to the field.
- Second paragraph: This paragraph should discuss any relevant experience you have including work, research and anything else. Include specific examples that demonstrate qualifications you possess that will benefit you in the particular program you are applying to. If you have a large amount of relevant experience you may want to include a second paragraph.
- Third paragraph: Explain to admissions why this is a good step for you to take at this time. Include information on what you plan to accomplish in the program and the direction you would like to take with research.
- Fourth paragraph: This should cover why you have selected the particular program you did. Explain what this program offers that attracted you and why not some other program. Be specific such as wanting to work with a certain professor or certain courses that aren’t available at other schools.
- Fifth paragraph: Your conclusion should summarize your statement of purpose and restate your interest in the program
While this is one way to structure the statement of purpose it isn’t the only way. Our SOP service will select the structure that will most effectively present your information.
Tips and guidelines for writing the statement of purpose
Each program may determine specific requirements for the statement of purpose. The following tips and guidelines are generally good statement of purpose writing practice unless specific rules of a program state otherwise:
- Be brief: In general a SOP should be one page or less. Five or six paragraphs should be more than enough. Paragraphs should also be limited to four or five sentences each.
- Use a clear and concise style of writing: Convey as much information in the fewest amount of words while making sure you are understood is the goal
- Be specific: Avoid general statements. The more individualized and unique your statement, the better as long as it is all relevant.
- Proofread: Having many grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in your statement of purpose makes it easy for admissions as those statements are quickly eliminated
The best online SOP service available
We provide SOP services that include statement of purpose writing and editing for any academic program. The professional writers we use have graduate level degrees and considerable experience with SOPs and the application process. Use of our service includes:
- Free plagiarism checks to ensure originality
- Guarantees of complete satisfaction and on time delivery with all work we provide
- Affordable rates that are suitable for a student’s budget
- Live customer support 24/7