Why is your SoP for MS in computer science so important?
A statement of purpose or SoP is a vital part of your application and will be requested along with your resume, letters of recommendation, GPA and all of the other information that the program wants to know about you. It is usually only a 1 or 2 page document and should be capable of showing the committee who you are, what motivates you and what you see as your future. A well written SoP for MS in computer science applications can ensure that the decision comes down in your favor. However writing that effective SoP for computer science is not always so simple.
What should an SoP computer science cover?
There are often far fewer places than applicants for any MS in computer science course so you will need to ensure that your statement of purpose makes you stand out. One of the most Important things therefore is to ensure that you cover all that they want to discover about you from your writing.
This means that you need to cover:
- Why do you have an interest in computer science? When did you realize that you had an interest and what triggered that interest?
- How have you followed your interest in computer science? What courses have you taken? What jobs have you had?
- Where do you see your career taking you in the next several years and why is the MS important?
- Do you have any specific reasons for attending this institution for your MS?
- Can you demonstrate that you have the skills and knowledge to attend their program?
How to write an effective SoP for MS in computer science
An effective SoP computer science is one that is able to not only communicate the right information but also be able to keep the reader’s attention. Many applicants will make mistakes with the writing that will distract the reader’s from their message and lose their interest. So to have an effective SoP you need to:
- Have an effective hook to gain the attention of the reader right from the start; it is usually best to find an intriguing anecdote that is relevant.
- Tell a story; you want to draw the reader along through your writing so having a clear flow will help maintain their interest.
- Don’t distract them with irrelevant information; if it is not going to add to your being accepted then it does not belong in your statement.
- Don’t confuse them with words that they may not understand; avoid acronyms, slang and words that you have selected from the thesaurus in an attempt to look intelligent.
- They want to hear about you, so don’t write about others or use quotations.
- They want to hear your own words; so do not plagiarize and avoid all forms of clichés.
- They don’t expect to see any errors in your writing so ensure that you very carefully proofread everything that you have written.
We can write your SoP for MS in computer science
If you are worried about writing your SoP for computer science or you just don’t have the time then our professional SoP services can provide you with the help that you need. Our services are provided through writers that hold PhD or Masters degrees in computing and have many years of experience helping people gain places.