The importance of your statement of purpose MFA
Applying to study for a Masters of Fine Arts degree is not something that should be treated lightly and you must ensure that every aspect of your application is perfect if you want to gain one of the limited places that are available. Your statement of purpose MFA is one of the most valuable parts of your application and is able to ensure that you are noticed by the committee if you manage to write it well. However the standard that is required is very high indeed so you will need to ensure that you take great care when writing this vital document.
What should your MFA SoP contain
It is of course important that you write about what the committee expects to see within your SoP if you want them to take your application seriously. Typically your statement is only 500 words or so in length depending on the program that you are applying to and you will need to ensure that you cover all that they are looking for within that short space.
The following are the areas that they will want to learn about from your statement of purpose MFA:
- Why do you have an interest in Art and why are you pursuing this interest?
- How will you use your MFA in your future career? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 or 10 years?
- Do you have the requisite skills to succeed in your studies?
- Why have you chosen this particular MFA program to study with?
Effectively writing your statement of purpose MFA
A statement of purpose is not something that can be quickly rattled off and submitted unless you are a literary genius. Most applicants will make several versions of their statement before they get to a point that they are happy with what they have written. You actual writing is very important and the following points need to be kept in mind when writing:
- You must always use a hook to draw in the reader and gain their interest right from your opening line.
- Always make your statement flow like a story to draw in the reader.
- Avoid the use of any clichés, or making obvious statements.
- Do not use language that the reader may not understand such as slang, acronyms or unusual words.
- Always talk about yourself and your future and not about others.
- Do not lie, exaggerate or plagiarize.
- Be relevant and write in a concise manner at all times.
- Proofread so as to avoid any issues with your writing.
We can write your statement of purpose MFA
If you don’t have time to write your SoP or you want to get an edge over the competition then our professional SoP writing services are here to help you. We offer writing through only PhD or Masters degree holding writers that fully understand exactly how to write you a perfectly tailored SoP for your MFA application.