Can statement of purpose samples really help you?
Most applications will require you to provide a statement of purpose or personal statement so that the acceptance committee have an opportunity to find out more about you than just what grades you have achieved. While high grades are often desirable they do not tell them the whole story about who you are. A well written statement of purpose can often swing a decision in your favor even if your grades are not the very best. Looking at statement of purpose samples will help you to understand exactly what you need to do to make that impact.
How to use statement of purpose samples
The main reasons for looking at examples of SoPs is to get a good idea of what is expected from you and to get as many ideas as possible about what you could write. Finding inspiration for writing your own SoP can be hard so looking at some good statement of purpose samples can help you come up with the ideas that you need to write your own. What you should not do with any sample however is to copy them. You will be caught and you will be guaranteed to lose any chance of acceptance. Samples are for ideas and guidance only and you should never be tempted to use them as your own; after all they are not about you anyway.
Writing the very best statement of purpose
Our tips are what we use when writing statement of purpose sample pages or writing SoPs for our clients. Your SoP needs to be written carefully as any writing issues can quickly cause the reader to dismiss your statement. The following tips will help you with writing your own SoP:
- Ensure that your word selections are appropriate for your audience; use everyday language rather than trying to select unusual clever words. Do not use any slang or acronyms.
- Avoid all forms of clichés and also quotations as they want to hear about you in your own words.
- Write about you and your future aspirations not about others.
- Be honest in all that you write.
- Be concise, if you can say it in a dozen words you do not have to pad it out to twice that.
- Be relevant; if what you want to say will not positively aid your selection then it should not be in your statement.
- Avoid all errors; proofread or even better have another proofread your work for you.
We can write your SoP for your application
When you need a well written SoP in a hurry just contact us. Our expert writers are highly experienced and qualified to higher degree level within the areas in which they offer support. All of our writing is checked for plagiarism and then fully proofread by a qualified proofreader to ensure that your statement is perfect.