Completing an internship is very important in the success of your education as it introduces you to the actual job and provides you the opportunity to experience what you will be doing in the future. However, an internship is not just given to you as you need to prove yourself worthy of it and thus, statement of purpose for internship comes along and you to write an effective and strong statement of purpose for internship can be a very challenging task. Writing a statement of purpose for internship will be much easier if you learn where to find the good help.
There are several ways for the students to get the internship for the first time:
- Attend the summer school
- Undergo a traditional internship in the company or the big corporation
- Get the internship in the startup or the small company
- Obtain an internship in the summer camp, school, etc.
The best resources to find the internship according to your sphere:
Best internships 2017 to apply according to Forbes: Google Inc., Apple Inc., Facebook, Inc., Goldman Sachs & Co, 5. Microsoft Corporation, Tesla Motors, Inc., J.P. Morgan, NIKE, Inc.
What Is a Statement of Purpose for Internship?
Sop for internship is a form of formal letter that indicates the main purpose why you want to get that internship that you have been aiming for. Most of hiring managers refer to sop for internships of the applicants in their selection since it is where they can find out if you deserve the spot or not. In other words, writing a statement of purpose for internships is not that simple because it can cost you your future.
Best summer science internship programs 2017:
- KP Launch Program
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission Internship Program
- NASA Internships for HS Students
- Arthritis Foundation Summer Science Internship
- Science & Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP)
- Science Internship Program @ UCSC
What to Do to Ensure a Powerful Sop for Internship?
Writing a statement of purpose for internships seems easy but it is not and although many students prefer to write their sop for internship themselves, it is unfortunate that many applications were declined. So to guarantee a spot, ask some help and Resume Editing Services is the perfect choice. Well, you can find a lot of tips on how to write a statement of purpose for internship but having it checked with professionals gives you an edge thus Resume Editing Services can be of great help.
Tips for Writing a Statement of Purpose for Internship
Your statement of purpose needs to be able to explain to the person making the decisions:
- Why you are the right candidate for the role that is being offered
- What you hope to accomplish professionally through the role
- What you hope to accomplish personally if you are hired
Achieving this, however, is not always easy and you are going to have to outcompete many others that are also after a position. This statement of purpose has to be able to effectively sell you to the decision makers while making you clearly stand out. To achieve this you need to:
- Have an impressive opening that is going to get their attention. Interesting facts or even better a personal anecdote are the best ways to get them to want to read on.
- Have a clear theme to your statement that will keep their interest. You want to tell a story not simply repeat your resume.
- Do your homework. Ensure that you fully understand exactly what they are looking for from an intern so that you can reflect this within what you write. Identify each thing that they expect and brainstorm how you meet that requirement.
- Do not make any form of an unsubstantiated claim. If they are looking for clear leadership skills then give a concise example of when you demonstrated your leadership skills and what was achieved.
- Always talk about yourself and how you can help them. They already know what they can offer you and how they will benefit you.
- Provide a clear idea of where you see your future. Why is this specific internship important to you realizing your goals?
- Don’t allow any errors to slip through in your writing. Even a single minor spelling mistake could be enough to have your statement dropped onto the no thanks pile.
Basic Tips on How to Write Statement of Purpose for Internship
If you wish to start the writing yourself, the following tips can be very helpful to you.
- At the start of your letter, make it sound professional with full date, recipient’s details such as full name, name of company, specific department, address and contact details. Also, proper spacing and margins is a plus.
- As you start your sop for internship, take note of the proper salutation. Don’t forget to address the recipient accordingly.
- In writing a statement of purpose for internships, a strong introduction is a vital and in your introduction, recipients should be able to see the purpose of your writing including the inclusive dates and role.
- Details and information related to the internship should be provided. Such information includes: academic studies, name of school and current position/career.
- Next is to provide a strong statement why you are a suitable candidate and deserving for the position.