Why do you need to know how to write a SoP for internship
You need to know how to write a SoP for internship if you want to ensure that you have the best chance of success with your application. Your SoP is a vital part of your application and more often than not will be the deciding factor in your acceptance; if you can write it well enough. But learning how to write SoP for internship applications is far from easy which is why you need to read through our professional advice:
What should you cover within your SoP for internship
Writing what the committee wants to see is important although you should not just try to write exactly what you think the committee wants to hear. You still need to be honest and ensure that you reflect exactly what your motivations are and what you see as your future.
They will be wanting to hear answers to the following questions that they will have about you:
- Why you want to follow this career path?
- What have you already done to ensure that you will follow it?
- Where do you see yourself in the future and why is this internship important to achieving that future?
- What are your reasons for choosing this specific internship?
- What skills do you bring to this internship?
Know how to write a SoP for internship
It is not enough to just ensure that you cover all of the points that the committee are looking for. They could potentially be reading scores of statements and yours has got to be written in a way that is going to impress. Having errors and writing issues is going to make you look sloppy and will lose you any chance of being selected. To ensure that you get their interest you need to:
- Do some reaserch on how to write statement of purpose for internship, but don’t just copy the samples.
- Be prepared to write and rewrite your statement of purpose several times.
- Be able to set aside a regular time each day for a few weeks to work on your statement.
- Find a hook for your opening line; your statement must be able to get the reader’s attention right from the off.
- Work on your transitions and flow so that the statement reads more like a story so that you maintain the reader’s attention.
- Avoid all clichés as they will have seen them a hundred times already.
- Only use words that you know they will understand, don’t try to be clever with your language and use unusual words, slang or acronyms.
- Avoid obvious statements, anything that is elsewhere in your application or statements that are totally obvious.
- Everything that you write should directly support your application; if it is not relevant don’t include it.
- Your SoP is a personal statement so it is about you and not anyone else.
- Write in a very concise manner; your statement is only 1 to 2 pages in length (check with the program you are applying to) and you need to make every word count in your favor.
- Eliminate any errors by proofreading or having others proofread your statement.
Our experts know how to write a SoP for internship
We use PhD or Masters degree holders for our writing ensuring that you will always work one on one with a writer that fully understands your field. They write unique and well written statements that are then checked for plagiarism and proofread prior to be delivered to you on time.