What makes the best statement of purpose?
A statement of purpose that makes you stand out, makes you memorable and clearly shows that you have everything that the committee wants in an applicant will be what you need. Often your statement of purpose is the most important part of your application and it is also the part that you have the most flexibility to write. Achieving the best statement of purpose for your application is going to be really tough; many applicants will spend months writing and revising their statement and still not be happy with what they submit. The following will run through how you can achieve the very best statement of purpose for your application.
What does the best statement of purpose look like?
An SoP is not a lengthy document, typically it will only be a single page in length to a maximum of two pages depending on where you are applying.
However no matter what course you are applying for the questions that the committee will be looking to answer about you will be very much the same and this is what your statement must cover:
- Why are you applying to study this subject? How and when did you get interested in the field and what have you already done to follow through on your interests both within and outside of your education?
- How do you see your future career progressing and why is this program important to you achieving your future goals?
- What skills do you have that will benefit you with this program of study?
- Are there any reasons why you are applying to this program and not an alternative?
Tips for writing the best SoP
Not only does your SoP need to cover all of the things that the committee want to know it also has to be written in a manner that is going to get and keep their attention. The following writing tips will help you ensure that your statement is noticed for all of the right reasons:
- Use a hook as your opening; usually an anecdote that the reader will find intriguing and will make them want to continue reading to find out more.
- Create flow; your statement should read more like a story with a logical clear flow through to your final conclusion so that the reader will read through to the end.
- Choose your language carefully; words that you use should be everyday words that everyone can understand. Do not try to be clever with unusual words, nor use slang or acronyms.
- Be concise, your SoP is not a lengthy document so ensure that you get straight to the point.
- Be relevant; you are writing about you and your future. If it does not add to your aim of being selected you should not use it.
- Proofread very carefully; you do not want any possible errors creeping into your statement.
We can write the best statement of purpose for your applications
Our services are designed to ensure that you can order a bespoke perfectly written statement of purpose confidently for your application. All of our services are provided through perfectly qualified individuals that will hold a relevant postgraduate degree to your application and will fully understand exactly what the committee are looking for. All writers are from English speaking countries and speak English as their first language and they will work with you one on one. All statements are originally written according to information that you provide and all are put through professional proofreading to eliminate errors.