Writing a statement of purpose as well as a recommendation letter for MS is one of the most important tasks you need when applying for masteral studies. It can help sell you to the admission committee that has to learn more about you and your fitness for their program. Today, we’re prepared a guide that can aid recommenders in writing a good recommendation letter that works.
Full Guide for MS Recommendation Letters
Take your time when coming up with the content of the letter and don’t rush it.
- Introduce yourself.
- State your position.
- Outline experience and skills, and all of these have to be relevant.
- Do not forget about brief description of personal qualities.
- You should state the ways that the candidate interacts with others (team player…)
- State any important gaps.
Striking a Balance in the LOR
- There has to be a focus, telling good things about the applicant or candidate.
- The reader need to know if the applicant needs specific help in any area.
- You can tell about which areas the candidate has to improve on.
Note: It is also important to remember that your reputation is at stake, so you should give an honest recommendation.
If you need help with your sop for automotive engineering, you can apply same tips we provided you with or ask our experts for a piece of advice.
Letter of Recommendation for MS Format
- Use a standard formal letter
- Include contact details
- Include the date on top of the letter
- Use the Times New Roman font at 12-point size.
- Address it directly to the reader
Aside from these pointers, be mindful of the tone and its content that must be easy to read. The LoR must also be professional and must be clear in meaning.
Choose someone who knows you well enough, so get it from professors, employers or school administrators. You should also tell the recommender about what you want him or her to include in the letter. Do not forget sending a thank you letter later.
Don’t wait until the last minute or ask the recommender to lie. Do not also forge signatures, hesitate in getting as many LoRs as possible or choose a poor writer.
Do you need an impressive recommendation letter? Check out our LoR samples, or get help from our professional writers! Use the code LORMS and receive 25% discount from SOPWriting.net today!