The importance of your statement of purpose for PhD scholarship
If you are going to gain a scholarship over the many other applicants then your application has really got to make you stand out. But creating an outstanding application is far from easy and there are only a limited number of areas within it from which you can sell yourself. The most important is your statement of purpose for PhD scholarship applications. If you are able to write this well then you have a good chance of ensuring that you will be noticed by the committee when they award the scholarships.
What should your scholarship SoP cover?
There are many things that you could write about within your statement of purpose but you must ensure that you will cover the specific areas that the committee will want to know about you. They are looking for passionate and forward thinking students that are going to embody their specific values.
So you will need to cover all of the following areas:
- Why do you want to pursue a PhD in your specific field?
- What research do you foresee yourself undertaking for your PhD?
- Where do you see your career heading after your PhD?
- How does what you want to do align with their scholarship?
- Why do you specifically need their scholarship?
How should your statement of purpose for PhD scholarship be written?
It is not enough to just say the right things in your statement, how you say them can be even more important than what you say if you want to get their attention. When you write you should follow the following tips for your statement of purpose:
- You must open with a hook; the first sentence must grab their attention and make them want to read on.
- You have to maintain their interest; keep them on the page by ensuring you have a logical from start to finish.
- Write in a very concise manner, do not use 100 words where just 10 would have done. You have a lot to say in a very short space so do not waste your words.
- Be relevant; if what you have written does not add to your quest for your scholarship then it does not belong in your statement.
- Use language that the reader will easily understand; never use slang, acronyms or try to be clever using words that no one has ever encountered before from your thesaurus.
- Write about you and your future plans and goals; they do not want to read quotations or about others.
Once you have completed writing your scholarship sop you must ensure that you spend time to revise and rewrite your statement until you are sure that it is as good as it can be and that you have eliminated all errors.
We can write an effective statement of purpose for PhD scholarship application
If you are worried about your application and want to get a boost then try our SoP writing services for expert help that you can trust. Our writing is provided only by post graduate degree holders who fully understand the expectations of the committee you are submitting to. Our statements are fully original and carefully written to target your scholarship.