A professional statement of purpose is your key to graduate school admissions
For anybody planning to apply to a graduate program in their field, writing a great statement of purpose can be the difference in getting into a program or losing the spot to another applicant. Good graduate school programs in most fields have many more qualified applicants than available openings. The statement of purpose can be the deciding factor when it comes down to choosing between two equally well qualified candidates. A professional appearing statement of purpose that makes you stand out from the crowd of other applicants can be the key to getting into the program you want. A professional statement for graduate school in almost any field should address the following:
- Why you want to pursue graduate studies for this particular topic?
- What initiated your interest in the field?
- What short and long term career goals related to the program do you have?
- What qualities and characteristics do you have that qualify you for graduate level study in the field?
- Why did you choose this particular program to apply to?
Tips and suggestion to write a professional statement of purpose
Considering the importance of the statement of purpose in the application process you will want to do the best possible job when you write your SOP. The following nine tips and suggestions should be kept in mind while writing your statement of purpose:
- Put extra effort into the introduction of your SOP. It is imperative to generate interest in the reader and make them want to read further. If you lose them in the beginning it doesn’t matter how good the rest is.
- Include the most important information first. Don’t wait for the end to make your strongest arguments. Get the most important information in as soon as possible
- Make sure you understand all instructions and follow them. Seems obvious? There will be a number of applicants every year that don’t.
- Be brief when writing the statement of purpose. Admissions have plenty of statements, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other documents to review. A lengthy statement of purpose may not get read to the end.
- Be specific when writing the statement of purpose. Make sure the statement you write doesn’t apply to half the other applicants. Use examples to back up statements you make and write a statement that is unique to you.
- Don’t badmouth other programs. Discuss positive reasons for choosing their program, not negative aspects of other programs.
- Avoid clichés and quotes. Use your own words even if you feel somebody famous said it better.
- Find a hook to get and hold the reader’s attention. Don’t use something too gimmicky but look for an angle or approach that is different.
- Revise and revise again. Once you have written down everything you want to include, work on revising and polishing your statement to say what you want to in the best possible way.
If you are unsure how to approach the SOP, our professional statement of purpose writing service is here to help.
Professional statement of purpose writing assistance
We provide first rate statement of purpose writing and editing for any academic field. Our professional writers all have graduate degrees and extensive experience working with the statement of purpose and with the application process. The can provide you with a completely original professional appearing statement of purpose that creates a favorable impression with admissions. Additional benefits of using our service include:
- Guarantees of complete satisfaction and on time delivery with all work we provide
- Budget friendly rates that are easy on the pocket
- Complete customer confidentiality
- Courteous and helpful customer support 24/7