The importance of your SoP for petroleum engineering applications
Getting a place to study petroleum engineering will very much depend on the quality of the application that you submit; especially your statement of purpose. Your petroleum engineering statement of purpose is your opportunity to clearly tell the decision makers why it is you want to study and where you hope your career will take you. If it is written well it can often ensure that you gain the place that you want.
Being able to write that attention grabbing statement of purpose however is not easy but our professionally written tips will help you.
Tips for writing a petroleum engineering statement of purpose
The following tips will help you to write the best possible SoP for petroleum engineering to help ensure that your application gets noticed:
- Ensure that you fully understand what the program is looking for. Look at all brochures and their websites to ensure that you identify what specific skills and qualifications that they are looking for through to the length of the SoP that they are looking for.
- Ensure that your SoP is attention grabbing right from the start and can maintain the interest of the reader; use an opening hook. Your hook is your opening line and should be as attention grabbing as possible without being overly dramatic. Maintain interest by providing clear and logical flow through your statement.
- Use language that all can understand; you must avoid the use of text speak, slang and acronyms. You should also not try to be clever by selecting unusual words that may not be understood by the reader or worse could be misinterpreted to mean something else.
- Use your own words at all times: avoid the use of quotations and never allow clichés to creep into your writing.
- Be personal; this is a personal statement so it is about you and your future not about anyone else. So ensure that you only write about you and that everything that you include within your statement is 100% relevant to your goals of achieving your place.
- Be concise in what you write: your statement will likely be restricted to a single page so you need to ensure that everything that you write gets straight to the point. Do not make obvious statements and also avoid repeating anything that is already elsewhere in your application.
- Proofread and then proofread again. Your statement needs to be completely free of errors if you are going to make the required impact. If possible have your statement reviewed by a third party.
If you need help with your SoP, you canuse our professional writing service and together with our team create a stunning statement of purpose.
We can write the very best SoP for petroleum engineering for your application
Ours is a professional writing service that specializes in the writing of outstanding SoPs for your applications. We offer some of the very best help that you will find online:
- Direct communication with native English speaking writers
- Writers that hold relevant postgraduate degrees
- Unlimited revisions until you are fully satisfied
- Free plagiarism testing to confirm statements are unique
- On time delivery and a rapid turnaround
- Free proofreading by an expert
- A full satisfaction money back guarantee