If you love cars and automobiles, then you may be interested in taking up an automotive engineering course. It is a combination of electrical, mechanical and materials science. This engineering deals with the design of new vehicles and with the improvement of current technologies. If you do not know how to write a statement of purpose, there is no need to worry. Read on and learn more about how to come up with an impressive SOP for automotive engineering.
Understand what a professional in this field does. Some important things to take note of are:
- They study.
- They think big.
- They work in a global profession.
- They do more.
To study, you need to know that it is an international study and studying overseas is the way to penetrate the market. You need to focus on science, technology, engineering and math. You also need to write an internship CV.
In order to think big, you need to know that engineers in this sector works with international brand, which makes thinking big integral. You can also work for an industrial titan. You will also work in a global profession, which means doing more is required.
Tips in Writing SOP Automotive Engineering
- Bear those characteristics of automotive engineers we’ve mentioned above.
- Write a story and not a statement, but see to it that you are putting in a lot. Tell them why and what you want to study.
- Be specific and introspective. Avoid using ideal sentences, but be to the point.
- Tailor the statement of purpose and avoid using a basic template.
- Apply corrections when needed.
Automotive Engineering Schools
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- Berkeley University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Michigan
- Cornell University
- Purdue University
Don’t forget referring to this guide by the time you will be writing your SOP for automotive engineering. Finally, spend enough time and do not wait until the last minute before coming up with a theme and outline to use in your paper.
Do you need a great statement of purpose to apply for automotive engineering in any of these top schools? Do you need help with your GRE waiver request letter? Don’t think twice! Get in touch now!